Monday 4 May 2015

"Are you nervous?"- Week 23/24

Are you nervous?—This seems to be the question that I’ve been asked over and over again the past couple of weeks… and the truth is, I have no idea!

I have never experienced so many feelings all at once that I can’t tell if my nerves have surfaced yet. I also feel like I have been living and breathing boxing that I rarely even have a moment to think.

I will admit that having our first meeting with Jen and Virgil this past weekend outlining exactly how the evening of the fight will play out, I did find myself more fidgety than usual. It’s weird to me that in less than a month, my loved ones and complete strangers will be watching me do something that I have been training for 7 months to do. That thought crossing my mind was a first… I know that this is a show, but I’ve been so caught up with learning the sport, that I forgot about the actual entertainment part.

Jen and Virgil tried to explain exactly how we would be feeling that night, how we will need to be in our own headspace and zone… whatever we need to do to get there, we need to do it! We need to focus..something that doesn't come super easy to me at all. In fact, maybe this is what I need to be FOCUSING on.

I’m going to stop myself there. I totally have more to write but I’m going to refrain from sharing too much as I need to keep my thoughts to myself at this point. I need to keep my cards close and have my every feeling, felt only by me.

With that in mind, I won't be blogging again until after the fight!

So, I'll leave you with this. Am I nervous? Perhaps. A little. But, my confidence is definitely outweighing my nerves at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment